Karsten has over 20 years of international experience in the consumer goods industry, especially FMCG. He has worked in leading positions in large multi-national (Procter & Gamble) as well as medium sized entrepreneurial companies (Hero Group) in the Nordics and across Europe.
Karsten is an experienced business leader with a broad insight into the full value chain and with a track record of successful business turn-around, sustainable growth and businessinnovations.
Karsten’s focus is on
- Strategy and business development,
- Product and commercial innovation,
- Interim management (International business development, category management including P/L responsibility, marketing).
He can offer a very interesting combination of industry experience and personal strengths and competencies that will add value in different roles and organizations:
Business Development and Strategy
- Extensive experience in developing strategies and translating them in winning business plans, e.g. strategies for category growth, innovation, regional expansions, and process optimization.
- Broad experience in business P/L responsibility and management.
Operational and Cross-functional Team Leader
- 13 years of leading cross-functional teams across the full value chain enabling him to get a comprehensive and efficient view on issues and solutions.
- Value chain experience includes: Product development, procurement, quality, supply chain functions, sales/marketing and finance.
- Demonstrated agility to lead businesses in different categories, in different markets, in different cultures and with different opportunities and challenges.
- Proven ability to take in complex issues fast, analyse and come with clear, structured and grounded recommendations and solutions – and make them happen.
Core Marketing Capabilities and Innovation
- Broad experience in brand strategy and concept development based on consumer insights and research.
- Strong understanding of media and digital strategy and communication development.
- Profound experience in product and commercial innovation and multi-country portfolio optimization.
Project Management and Process Optimization
- Highly structured way of approaching projects or challenges.
- Experience in process optimization and certification, e.g. innovation process owner in the ISO 9001:2015 certification.
Karsten has an MBA / Diplomkaufmann from European Business School (ebs) in Germany and speaks German, English, Swedish and French.